Hyderabad (Web Desk) A minor boy was killed and another fell critically sick Sunday evening after allegedly consuming food from a street vendor, authorities said, adding that four such restaurants have consequently been sealed.
According to police, the two children twins ate French fries from a local food-seller in Hyderabad’s Chandni area and fell sick. The brother later passed away while the sister was admitted to a hospital. The managers of the four eateries have been arrested, they added.
Food samples from all four food points will be collected soon, Abdullah Lak, the superintendent of police (SP) for Cantt area noted.
According to the children’s father, four-year-old Humayyun and his twin sister, Aliza, ate French fries at a place called Funland after which their condition deteriorated. While they were immediately rushed to a private hospital nearby, Humayyun died soon afterwards.
The father also alleged that there was negligence on the part of the hospital staff, who “didn’t wash son’s stomach”.
The doctors commented that the children had fallen sick after consuming “something toxic”.
On the other hand, Dr Syed Kaleem Imam, the inspector-general (IG) of police for Sindh, has taken notice of the incident and directed the deputy inspector-general (DIG) and senior superintendent of police (SSP) for Hyderabad to launch an investigation.